Thursday, August 16, 2007

Who did it Better?: Umbrella

A new version of Rihanna's song Umbrella has been brought to my attention. I was watching the season premiere of MTV show the Hills and I heard a wonderful acoustic version. At first I thought that it might be Mandy Moore singing, but have since discovered that it is in fact Marie Digby. Her version of the song is available on iTunes and below she performs it "live".

LOVE IT!

So who did it better?! I personally enjoy both.

P.S. This Digby person is one of those girls who is so naturally pretty it's annoying!...to girls at least.

P.P.S. Ever since Rihanna came out with this song I have been misspelling "umbrella" as "umbErella". Luckily I have been catching the mistake before I publish...hopefully. Damn her pronunciation of an imaginary syllable!!

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I'm sorry but I like Mandy's cover better. Digby, I do agree she's naturally pretty and its annoying. WTF everyone has been misspelling the song title? umbErella is not in the dictionary.

Mandy said...

Wow, Marie Digby's rendition is great! Thanks so much for bringing this one forward, I just downloaded it.

(I do like the danced up versions of Rihanna's too)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

First is best .... Uhmbreallah :-)

Hey you from the SpeedyCat!

Samsunda cilingir said...

Siteniz cok guzel basarilarinizin devamini bekleriz admin tanks