Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Girls - LFO

View the LYRICS to this song.

I noticed that tomorrow is the official first day of summer and it immediately reminded me of this song. I will admit that I used to sing along to this on the radio despite the fact that I HATED it. The tune is catchy but the lyrics...well they are incredibly stupid. I orginally despised this song because of the Abercrombie & Fitch line in the chorus. However when I actually read the lyrics to the entire song I was amazed by their inanity. I honestly believe that whoever wrote this simply tried to find words that rhymed, regardless of whether or not they made any sense. Example:

Youre the best girl that I ever did see

The great larry bird, jersey 33

When you take a sip, you buzz like a hornet

billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets

My response: "Are you serious??!" Should we be surprised that these guys were one-hit-wonders?

I dedicate this song to stupidity.

DEDICATE/COMMENT


No comments: