Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Icky Thump - The White Stripes

View the LYRICS to this song.

I won't even pretend that I know what this song is about. People have their different theories but I don't care enough to venture a guess. What I find interesting about this duo is that there was a time when people didn't know if they were brother and sister or a divorced couple. According to Wikipedia they are divorced.

Icky Thump is a purposly mispelled "Ecky Thump" which is an exclamation of surprise or shock, often used to mock the Northern dialects of Lancashire and Yorkshire.

I like the video because it is more creative than most....and they stick to their usual red, black, and white color scheme. Now obviously scenes in the video are set in Mexico, and it seems like they were going for a spanish sound in the song, but it comes off as Scottish sounding to me. Am I completely wrong here? *Sigh*...I don't feel qualified to critique their music so I'll just say I respect the video and leave it at that.

I dedicate this to........?


No comments: