Friday, July 13, 2007

Made & Re-Made #2: I'll Be There

View the LYRICS to this song.

This is a classic song, so there is a chance that more than one person has redone it, but I don't care. These are the only two versions I care about.

I'll Be There - The Jackson 5

Ahhh, the days when Michael Jackson was still cute and normal. I enjoy watching old performances of the Jackson 5. This particular one was a 1971 television performance. Thier clothes are a little spacey, but the performance is classic. The second song they go into is "Feelin' Alright", but we don't care about that one right now....it's worth watching though just to see Diana Ross dance with the group on those toothpicks she tried to pass off as legs.

It's great how she pulls Michael out of the way twice so she can be the center of attention. The combination of her yellow outfit, chicken legs, and bad dance moves leads me to believe that Diana Ross was the actual inventor of the funky chicken, and this is where it all started...



Before we get to the re-made version of this song I had to show the modern-day performance of it by the Jackson 5 just so you can see the drastic difference. Before I even get to that though, I'll ease you into it with this, so the shock isn't too much for you:



I do wonder what is going on inside his head. It really kind of makes you sad when you actually see all at once, the metamorphisis that resulted in this performace:



Lisa Marie, sweetie, you must have seriously seen something that no one else did.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You have to admit that Michael is talented...I mean how many artists do you know who bring themselves to tears during their own performance?


I'll Be There - Mariah Carey

Along with Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Patti Labelle, Celine Dione, etc., Mariah Carey is one of the best female vocalists of our time. There are not many artists who can use the recording from a live performance on their CD. I have her "Number 1's" CD which contains this performance, and it is practically flawless. The male singer, Trey Lorenz, is an amazing singer himself. It's too bad he wasn't more successful.

I dedicate this song to anyone who really needs someone to be there for them. Be thankful if you already have that.



2 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

There was just "something" about the original song I'll be there. Micheals talent was scary good when he was young.
I think the moral of the Jackson story is that fame, money, and power are not good for the soul...so to speak :-)

Speedcat Hollydale

Mandy said...

Hands down, MJ does it best, (pre-freak-show MJ of course). I must admit, I enjoy belting out this song no matter who's singing it. It just always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.