Thursday, July 12, 2007

Who did it Better?: Say You, Say Me

View the LYRICS to this song.

I was never really a fan of Lionel Richie. I am pretty indifferent when it comes to his music. The only reason I am posting this song is because of the person who did their own take on it. Scroll down if you can't wait to see who.

Say You, Say Me - Lionel Richie

I had never seen this video before I looked it up. I immediately noticed that it was used in the soundtrack of a movie. Normally I wouldn't have cared which one, but the faces looked so familiar to me that I had to find out. The movie is the 1985 film
White Nights starring Mikhail Baryshnikov, Gregory Hines, Jerzy Skolimowski, Helen Mirren, and Isabella Rossellini.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mikhail Baryshnikov was the one who looked extremely familiar to me, but I couldn't quite place him. Then I remembered that he was in the last season of Sex in the City. He played Carrie's love interest who selfishly whisked her away to Paris.

I dedicate this to Lionel Richie himself who is speculated to be a
grandfather soon! On second thought, I'll dedicate it to Nicole too....she needs all the support she can get.



Say You, Say Me - Stacy Ferguson on Kids Incorporated

Now we come to the reason I chose this song. I absolutely loved the show Kids Incorporated when I was younger so I was very surprised when I found out that Stacy Ferguson, aka Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, was one of the cast members.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Stacy Ferguson, "Fergie"

I got to meet all the members of BEP when they performed at my school years ago, before they were really known. Meeting Fergie up close was a bit shocking. Let's just say the view of her on stage is much more flattering then the right-in-front-of-you view. If I had known then that she was in Kids Incorporated, I would have been much more excited to meet her.

On this Kids Incorporated episode titled "Stacy and the Clown", Fergie sang "Say You, Say Me". Now I have seen Stepen King's tv mini-series "It", but the clown in this episode seriously freaked me out more than Pennywise.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I really would like to know the premise of this episode. It seems like it had to be something incredibly ridiculous.

Coulrophobia:
Coulrophobia is an abnormal or exaggerated fear of clowns. It is not uncommon among children, but is also sometimes found in teenagers and adults as well. Sufferers sometimes acquire a fear of clowns after having a bad experience with one personally, or seeing a sinister portrayal of one in the media.

I dedicate this to those people who suffer from coulrophobia....I understand now.

Now the question is....who did it better?

10 comments:

Invite the Party said...

OMG, I'm scared. Why is she singing to a scary clown on a deserted set?

Anonymous said...

Why is she is doing that? Im hearing dumb stuff about fergie, and i dont like it. Please do some corrections hear.

Anonymous said...

She should stop this nonsense

Anonymous said...

Why is she is doing that? Im hearing dumb stuff about fergie, and i dont like it. Please do some corrections hear.

Anonymous said...

Why is she is doing that? Im hearing dumb stuff about fergie, and i dont like it. Please do some corrections hear.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Im WWW lernen Sie Singles aus der kompletten Schweiz kennen - wer weiß, vielleicht lebt ihre naechste Liebe nicht in Ihrer Stadt, sondern in Lugano oder Luzern? Ohne das Internet wuerden Sie einander nie finden. So geschehen bei Fiona
und Nico.

[url=http://www.time4love.ch] [img]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/3/l_e3cf7b6c76e84bbe8a279284cc6569f7.jpg[/img]

single dating
meetic
partnersuche
partnersuche

[/url]

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified idedicate.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://coolnewideasal.info/forum].[/url][url=http://suwhatsnewtoday.info/forum].[/url][url=http://jusmartthoughts.info/].[/url]

Anonymous said...

comment6, tanit phoenix nude, zevb, colin farrell sex tape, 0207, brooke shields nude, %]]],

Anonymous said...

After exploring a few of the blog posts on your web site, I honestly like your technique of writing a blog.
I saved it to my bookmark webpage list and will
be checking back soon. Please visit my web site
too and let me know what you think.

Here is my web page - cheap computer desks 2013